I am not a huge fan of traditional porridge, but as the weather starts to get rather chilly there is something about starting the day with a warm & nourishing breakfast.
- 2 cups almond milk or 1 1/2 cups coconut milk & 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup of quinoa flakes
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1 Tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Optional: 3 tablespoons mesquite powder
- 1 Tablespoon of honey (I don’t use this, but add if you feel you need a little sweetener.)
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and leave overnight to soak, covered.
- In a saucepan, combine all ingredients & stir gently over medium heat for 7-10 minutes. It will be the consistency of traditional porridge.
I prefer to eat my porridge with a little stewed fruit, coconut yoghurt & activated buckinis.
You could also use sliced banana with cinnamon, fresh berries and chopped raw nuts.