Raw Pomegranate Cheesecake
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup almonds
- ½ cup nuts- I used pecans and pistachios
- ¼ cup coconut oil (as a liquid)
- 10 soft medjool dates, pitted.
- 3 cups cashews, soaked for 4-5 hours
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- pinch salt
- ½ cup pomegranate juice
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
To make the Base
- In a food processor, first process cashews to flour.
- Add remaining ingredients and process again. I like to have some smll chunks in my mixture, to give the base some texture.
- Press into the bottom of a 20cm round springform pan, smooth until level and place in the fridge.
To make the filling
- Blend all ingredients in a thermomix or high-speed food processor until smooth.
- Pour on top of the base.
- Place in the freezer to set. Once it’s set, the cheesecake can be moved to, and stored in, the fridge until ready to eat.
- Decorate with some pomegranate seeds.