This is a great breakfast or snack on the run. Also great after an intense workout as a recovery tool.
- 2 ripe bananas, fresh or frozen.
- 2 tablespoons of nut butter- this makes the smoothie really creamy. I love a blend of almond and brazil nut.
- 1 scoop good quality protein powder (not if making for young children.)
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 100g ice cubes. If you are using frozen ripe bananas, you won’t need the ice.
- 500ml filtered water, rice milk, almond milk or coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 raw egg (preferably organic)
- 1 heaped tablespoon mesquite or maca powder
Place all ingredients into high speed blender or thermomix & whizz until combined.