Banana Ice Cream.
This ice-cream recipe is very quick, rather delicious and nutritious.
I make this recipe in my Thermomix, but you can also make in a high speed food processor. Just cut the bananas into smaller chunks before adding in.
Serves 4 – 6 people.
- 500g of frozen banana pieces (around 4 medium bananas)
- 1-2 handfuls of raw macadamia nuts or pecans. (1/2 cup)
- 2 heaped tablespoons of cacao power
- Optional: 1-2 tablespoons of something sweet- agave, raw honey or maple syrup.
- Put all ingredients into Thermomix bowl or food processor and process on a high speed (9 on TM) until all ingredients come together. Usually 30-45 seconds. The mixture will be crumbly at first but will come together quite quickly.
- Serve it immediately before it melts.
- If you have leftovers, let it melt slightly and freeze in individual ice cube trays. You can then add into smoothies. Or re-process at a later day to make into ‘ice cream’ again.
Or, here is a nut free option.
- 4 frozen bananas cut into chunks
- 250grams of almond or coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste (optional)
- Place the frozen banana pieces & vanilla bean paste in the thermomix or food processor and whizz on high speed for 10-20 seconds. (speed 9 on TM)
- Add ½ milk and whizz on high speed. Stop and scrape down sides of bowl. Check texture of mixture and slowly add remaining milk.
- Pour Ice Cream into your favourite dish and enjoy.