- 250g almond meal
- handful orange zest
- 100g coconut flour
- 150g tapioca flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bi carb soda
- 20g agave or coconut sugar
- 2 tsp himalyan salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp allspice
- 100g cranberries &100g dates finely chopped
- 200g coconut cream
- 200g water
- 1 tablespoon organic apple cider vinegar
- 50g macadamia oil/ coconut butter
- 3 organic eggs
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine coconut cream, water, vinegar & oil and beat until combined.
- Whisk eggs in a small bowl and then add to other wet ingredients.
- Add wet mixture & dried fruit to dry mixture and stir until combined.
- Spoon heaped tablespoons of mixture into muffin pans or cups (I use silicone moulds)
- Leave in a warm spot (like on top of oven for 15-20 minutes)
- Cook at 180degrees for 25 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
With the icing, you may choose to use the recipe below and ice them once they come out of the oven & cool or combine a little coconut and tapioca flour with a little water to form a thick paste. Then pipe over buns just before you put them into the oven
- 30g coconut sugar, ground to a powder (I do this in my Thermomix)
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons tapioca
- 1 egg white
- Ensure buns have cooled slightly before icing
- Mix dry ingredients until combined.
- Beat white of 1 egg until fluffy and quickly mix through dry ingredients until combined.
- Pour mixture into a Ziploc bag, cut a SMALL hole in the corner and pipe your crosses on your buns.