*(Linner= lunch & dinner)
In mid December I attended my first Christmas Linner. We all had to bring a favourite christmas dish to share so I took my vegetable terrine (as requested) along with a prawn & avocado salad.
Like many of my recipes, I just make it up as i go along but it went something like this.
- 1kg fresh Australian prawns- peeled and deveined with tails intact.
- 2 avocado’s
- a bowl of greens- i used some asian greens (mizuna, rocket, tatsoi & mustards) along with some snow pea sprouts
- 1 large mango
- handful macadamias roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli
- 2-3 kaffir lime leaves
- zest 1 lime or lemon
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2cm knob ginger
- 1/2 bunch coriander (stems and leaves)
- handful of fresh common or vietnamese mint
- cocconut oil
- drizzle agave or honey.(Optional)
- In a thermomix, food processor or mortar & pestle combine chilli, lime leaves, lime zest, garlic, ginger, coriander and mint. Whizz until combined. Squeeze in some lime of lemon juice and then marinate prawns for 20 minutes or so.
- Heat some coconut oil in a pan & cook prawns. Remove from heat.
- Wash greens, chop mango into 2cm cubes and slice avocado.
- Dress greens with a little macadamia or avocado oil and spread over large serving plate. Place avocado slices and mango on top of greens.
- Scatter cooked prawns on the top and then sprinkle chopped macadamias evenly.
- If you have an extra fresh herbs, roughly chop these and scatter over the top.
- Optional- drizzle with a small amount of honey or agave and serve.