I make a batch of these and keep some in the fridge so I have a quick breakfast or healthy snack handy & then freeze the rest (if there are any leftover.)
Makes 12 muffin size quiches
- 4 eggs from happy hens
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small onion finely chopped.
- 1 bunch kale finely chopped (you could also use spinach or silver beet)
- 5 Portobello mushrooms chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Optional: handful goats feta crumbled. Note: No goats feta if you are doing the detox
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 12 hole muffin pan
- Sauté the onion and garlic in a pan until translucent.
- Add mushrooms and cook for a few minutes
- Stir through the chopped kale and cook until it has wilted slightly.
- In a separate bowl, lightly whisk the 4 eggs. Add the coconut cream and combine.
- Mix all ingredients together and divide evenly into muffin pan
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
Anything goes with this dish. I also made a batch with roasted pumpkin, sun dried tomatoes, basil and olives. It is the perfect dish to use leftovers in. Other vegetables like broccoli and capscium work really well too.