Makes 18 muffins
Note: If you are doing the detox, omit the cacao as it contains caffeine.
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/4 of a cup of stewed apple
- 8 medjool dates
- 2 cups of ground almonds
- 1 1/2 cups of pecans
- 2 Tbsp of raw cacao
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla bean
- 1 teaspoon each of baking powder & bi carb soda.
- 1/4 cup of non dairy milk. I used coconut, you could use almond milk.
- 1 Tbsp of coconut oil
- Dash of salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Chop ends off zucchini and grate.
- Place pecans in Thermomix/food processor and whizz for 5-10 second intervals until pecans are in small pieces. (not ground) Set aside.
- Place the banana, pitted dates, apple, milk, grated zucchini, cinnamon, vanilla bean, baking powder, salt and cacao into the food processor . Whizz until combined.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground almond and coconut flour. Add the wet mixture to the flour along with the pecan pieces. Mix until combined.
- Place the muffins into muffin tins and bake for about 15 minutes. The muffins are done when a knife or skewer can be inserted and comes out dry.