I had another go at making muffins today. I had some stewed apple that i needed to use up- my husband had been craving apple pie so I baked him one. (I was tempted to have a little myself too.) I also had a small banana that was a day or two past its best and whilst our dogs would happily have eaten it, I added it into my muffin mix.
makes 15-16 muffins
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup flaxseeds, milled in blender
- 1 cup stewed apple
- 1 small over ripe banana
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- handful shredded coconut
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 heaped teaspoon bi carb soda and baking powder.
- You could also add a small handful of roughly chopped macadamia or pecan nuts.
- Sift all dry ingredients
- In another bowl, lighty beat eggs, then add coconut cream, apple and banana. Mix until combined.
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Add raspberries & gently mix through
- Spoon into muffin tins and sprinkle with shredded coconut.
- Cook at 180degrees for 18-20 minutes.