These fritters are quite versatile. You can have them as a side with some protein for dinner, they are great for breakfast with a poached egg or 2, serve as a part of a salad or have them as a little snack!
◦ 3 medium to large zucchini, grated and squeezed of excess water. This is important, otherwise your fritters will be soggy.
You can squeeze the excess moisture out, push into a fine sieve or leave for a few hours sprinkled with a little salt.
◦ 1 red onion, finely diced
◦ 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
◦ 1 egg
◦ 2 tbsp freshly chopped dill
◦ 1 tbsp freshly chopped mint
◦ 1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
◦ 3/4-1 cup of almond meal
◦ 100 grams of goats feta, crumbled*
◦ salt and pepper to taste. You may also wish to add some dried chilli flakes or sumac.
* For those doing the detox, you may need to substitute 1/2 a beaten egg for the goats feta.
- Pre heat your oven to 180 deg C.
- Saute the onion and garlic in a little olive oil until it becomes translucent. Set aside to cool.
- Combine all other ingredients in a large bowl. Add cooled onion mixture.
- Using your hands combine the fritter mixture. If you find that it’s still a little wet add some extra almond meal.
- Form the mixture into small patties & place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Brush the tops of the fritters with a little olive oil and bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Take them out and using a spatula, carefully flip them over, brush the tops again with olive oil and finish cooking them for another 10 minutes.
- Once cooked allow them to cool slightly and serve them with a salad and a squeeze of lemon.
Will keep in the fridge for a few days or you can freeze them in batches.