I had a little bit of free time this afternoon so I chose to make lamb balls rather than fold washing.
These little balls are really great as they keep in the fridge for a few days or you can freeze them and defrost as required. If i don’t have any leftovers for lunch, I will just make up a bowl of salad or veggies and add a few of these balls in for some good protein.
- 1kg diced or minced lamb. I use organic diced lamb and then break down in my Thermomix. Alternatively, just buy mince.
- 2 tablespoons sumac
- zest 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes (adjust as desired)
- optional: 1/4 cup almond meal.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Place pistachios in Thermomix/food processor and whizz until they are in small chunks.
- Combine sumac, lemon zest, garlic, chilli in a large bowl, add the processed pistachios.
- Add minced lamb and egg and combine. I find this is easiest to do with my hands.
- Once combined, roll into balls. Today, mine were the size of large golf balls.
- place on a baking tray, drizzle with a little coconut oil and bake for 15-20 minutes. Cooking times will vary depending on the size of your balls, so keep an eye on them!