You can really throw anything into a frittata. Any leftover protein will go perfectly.
Chop up your meat/chicken/fish then combine with some chopped veggies. Lightly pan fry in some coconut oil, add your eggs, coconut milk and bake in oven until set.
For added flavour consider, onion, garlic, sundried tomatoes, fresh herbs & other herbs/spices such as sumac & cayenne pepper.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or fat of choice
- 1 cup protein (whatever cooked meat/chicken/fish that you have on hand) Tinned tuna or salmon will also work.
- 1 cup veggies, diced. (fresh is best but frozen will also work.)
- 4 large free range eggs from happy hens.
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly-ground black pepper
- First, preheat the oven to 180°C and heat the coconut oil in an 20cm cast iron pan/skillet over medium heat.
- Add whatever protein you have on hand to the skillet and stir-fry until heated through.
- Add the veggies to the ingredients in the pan and mix to cook thoroughly.
- Crack the eggs into a medium bowl, and add the coconut milk, salt, and a few grinds of pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and cook for 4- 5 minutes or until the bottom of the frittata is set.
- Place the skillet in the oven. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, and then crank the heat up for another 2 minutes or until the frittata puffs up and is cooked all the way through.
- Carefully transfer the frittata to a plate, slice, and serve. Sprinkle with fresh herbs.