- Zest 1 lemon
- 1 ½ tablespoon coconut oil
- 1kg lamb shoulder, trimmed, diced into 3cm pieces
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2-3 teaspoons ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 ½ cups of vegetable stock
- 350g Kale or spinach or combination – chopped
- 1/3 cup (45g) slivered almonds
- bowl roughly chopped carrot and zucchini
- Grate lemon zest & set aside.
- Finely chop garlic & set aside
- Heat 1/2 of the oil in the pan & brown lamb in 2-3 batches depending on size of pan. Set aside.
- Brown garlic with spices in remaining oil.
- Add lamb, tin of tomatoes and stock. Simmer for at least 1 hour. With 20 minutes to go, add carrot, zucchini & lemon zest.
- Place kale into serving bowl, pour over lamb mixture and stir. Sit until kale has wilted.
- Serve curry on steamed brown rice/cauliflower rice with almonds sprinkled over the top.
This recipe would also translate well with a slow cooker.